Marine Turbine Technologies in Franklin, Louisiana has developed a state-of-the-art Super Turbine Airboat which does not harm the fragile ecosystem of our state like traditional marshland transport equipment. The MTT Turbine Airboat skims across water and land without destroying the vegetation or the earth beneath it.
According to the USGS (U.S. Geological Survey), Louisiana is losing approximately 50 square miles of our coastal region annually. This equates to a staggering 32,000 acres of coastal land being claimed by the Gulf of Mexico each year.
Louisiana comprises roughly 40% of the nation’s wetlands but we are losing a staggering 80% of our sensitive coast lines. The economic impact is truly incalculable:
“The swamps and marshes of coastal Louisiana are among the Nation’s most fragile and valuable wetlands, vital not only to recreational and agricultural interests but also the State’s more than $1 billion per year seafood industry. The staggering annual losses of wetlands in Louisiana are caused by human activity as well as natural processes…”- S. Jeffress Williams, U.S. Geological Survey
Louisiana has developed an ambitious $50 billion Master Plan to stop the erosion of our coastline. Research indicates that there is approximately $200 million per year available, mainly from federal funding, to implement the plan.
Yet, the need exists to perform work in the wetlands such as for plug and abandonment of old wells, pipeline repair, maintain and install communication poles, perform coastal remediation efforts, and undertake effective methods for drilling and coiled tubing applications. In addition, all of the supplies and support machinery has to be transported to the site and then removed on a schedule.
MTT’s is working on affordable solutions and is actively developing the technological tools to save our coastline. The following is specific information on our Turbine Powered Airboat:
- Most powerful airboat in the world. Specifically designed and manufactured to assist in saving our fragile ecosystem.
- Twin turbine engines producing 3,000 total HP as shown in the photos.
- Payload of 8 tons+ on the deck and travels 40 mph.
- The next generation of MTT Turbine Airboats has 8,000 total HP on a custom hull resulting in an approximate payload of 25 tons in one foot shallow draft.
- Airboats allow contractors to complete projects faster without damaging the coastline.
- Increases the productivity of workers involved in coastal mitigation which results in a huge savings of limited restoration funds.
The MTT Solution is Turbine Powered Airboats to Save Louisiana’s Eroding Coast without Damaging Fragile Wetlands. Led by Ted McIntyre, MTT is at the forefront of turbine innovation.
A review of the MTT Super Turbine Airboats can be found here:http://marineturbine.com/turbine-powered-workboats/
Marine Turbine Technologies, LLC (MTT)
298 Louisiana Rd.
Franklin, LA 70538 USA